“It is our mission to continually reinvest in the organization our founders created in 1894 and uphold their legacy of developing meaningful relationships with those in the community while delivering superior financial solutions.”
- Michael Molepske, Chief Executive Officer
Bank First was founded with a capitalization of $50,000. At that time, the bank was known as the Bank of Manitowoc and was located at the southwest corner of York & Eighth Streets.
The bank moved into the Manitowoc Hotel building.
Francis Creek office was opened when the bank acquired the State Bank of Francis Creek.
Bank First moved to its present facility at 402 N. 8th Street.
St. Nazianz branch was opened when the bank merged with St. Nazianz State Bank.
A branch office was opened in Two Rivers due to the strong demand for Bank First’s services in the area.
A Bank First branch in Mishicot was opened.
A second office in Manitowoc was opened on Custer Street.
Bank First expanded into the communities of Kiel, Newton, and Bellevue.
Bank First opened an office in New Holstein. Later in the year, it grew to twelve offices when it acquired Dairy State Bank and its two locations in Plymouth.
A Bank First branch in Ashwaubenon was opened.
Bank First expanded its services by purchasing the Vincent Group, Insurance & Financial Solutions.
A Bank First branch on Expo Drive in Manitowoc was opened.
Insurance Management joined the Vincent Group.
Bank First acquired George V. Reis Investment Group in Two Rivers.
Insurance Associates of Green Bay, Inc. was acquired by Bank First. Meanwhile, a new branch in Sheboygan was opened.
Due to overlapping coverage in its markets, Bank First closed the Newton, New Holstein, and downtown Plymouth offices.
First Manitowoc Bancorp completed the merger of its insurance subsidiary, the Vincent Group with A.N. Ansay & Associates to form Ansay & Associates.
Bank First opened a location in downtown Oshkosh. Later in the year, it consolidated the Expo Drive and Custer Street locations, closing the Expo Drive office.
The corporation officially changed its name from First Manitowoc Bancorp, Inc. to Bank First National Corporation. Bank First also relocated its St. Nazianz office to the Village of Valders while closing the Francis Creek office due to overlapping coverage.
The bank’s Two Rivers office moved from 1509 Washington Street to 1703 Lake Street.
Bank First opened a location in Appleton and later announced plans to construct a new office in Plymouth.
On October 27, Bank First officially merged with Waupaca Bancorporation, the parent company of First National Bank. This merger expanded the bank's presence into North-Central Wisconsin.